Argentina will be one of the hot favorites to win the Argentina squad for world cup 2022 in Qatar, the 2021 Copa America winners are as proud of their team as Lionel Messi, Angel Di Maria and Lautaro Martinez. Lionel Scaloni was allowed 28 players for the 2021 Copa Amrica due to the possibility of a COVID-19 outbreak during the tournament. For the 2022 World Cup in Qatar unless otherwise mentioned – squad numbers are expected to be reduced to a normal 23.
It may well be adjusted, however, next month. Alternative numbers were also raised during the epidemic, allowing five changes to create a game instead of the regular three. It has remained in international competition this season: it is possible that the squad number will once again increase to 26 especially in the middle of the World Cup.
Argentina squad for world cup 2022 | The final qualifying player list
- GK: Franco Armani (River Plate)
- GK: Geronimo Rulli (Villarreal)
- GK: Juan Musso (Atalanta)
- DF: Nahuel Molina (Udinese)
- DF: Gonzalo Montiel (Sevilla)
- DF: German Pezzella (Real Betis)
- DF: Nicolas Otamendi (Benfica)
- DF: Juan Foyth (Villarreal)
- DF: Lucas Martinez Quarta (Fiorentina)
- DF: Lisandro Martinez (Ajax)
- DF: Nicolas Tagliafico (Ajax)
- MF: Guido Rodriguez (Real Betis)
- MF: Leandro Paredes (PSG)
- MF: Rodrigo De Paul (Atletico Madrid)
- MF: Exequiel Palacios (Bayer Leverkusen)
- MF: Alexis Mac Allister (Brighton)
- MF: Lucas Ocampos (Sevilla)
- MF: Alejandro Garnacho (Manchester United)
- MF: Manuel Lanzini (West Ham)
- MF: Nicolas Paz (Real Madrid)
- MF: Tiago Geralnik (Villarreal)
- MF: Franco Carboni (Inter Milan)
- MF: Valentin Carboni (Inter Milan)
- MF: Matias Soule (Juventus)
- MF: Exequiel Zeballos, Boca Juniors
- MF: Angel Di Maria (PSG)
- FW: Lionel Messi (PSG)
- FW: Nicolas Gonzalez (Fiorentina)
- FW: Angel Correa (Atletico Madrid)
- FW: Lautaro Martinez (Inter)
- FW: Paulo Dybala, Juventus
- FW: Julian Alvarez (River Plate)
- FW: Joaquin Correa (Inter)
- FW: Lucas Boye (Elche)
- FW: Luka Romero (Lazio)
When will the final squad of Argentina squad for world cup 2022 be announced?
The Argentina squad for world cup 2022 will be held in November next year. Preparations for the tournament are expected to begin next summer.
Although the staging of the next World Cup breaks from the traditional football calendar, the World Cup squad is usually announced about six weeks before the start of the tournament. This may change with the game approaching the start date of the club football tournament.
Who will make Argentina the final squad for the 2022 World Cup?
Apart from injuries or bans, there are some players who we hope will be the dead certificates for Lionel Scaloni’s final Argentina squad for world cup 2022.
With Lionel Messi finally winning his first international trophy in the 2021 Copa America, Lionel Messi will be desperate to add a World Cup winning medal to his collection next year. It will almost certainly be his final appearance in the competition and inspiring Argentina to glory will only enhance his legendary status.
More experience will be provided by Angel Di Maria and Nicolas Otamendi, both of whom are committed to the national team. Sergio Aguero’s condition is somewhat uncertain following his recent cardiac scare.
Giovanni Lo Celso and Rodrigo de Paul Scaloni have been key players in the squad, while Emiliano Martinez is firmly established as the first-choice goalkeeper. In front of his name is Lautaro Martinez, who will be on the plane until he is fit.