These are the guidelines to install or flash Stock Firmware ROM (flash file) on MediaTek Android devices using the SP Flash Tool. In this guide you will be able to either downgrade or upgrade your MediaTek device. This guide will be helpful for people who are looking to fix/unbrick their smartphone or you can also return to stock ROM from custom ROM. If you dunno what is custom ROM and their differences, check this helpful guide to install Custom ROM on your MediaTek device.
What is SP Flash Tool?
The SP FlashTool, also known as Smartphone Flash Tool is one of the most popular flashing tool for the MediaTek chipset-powered android devices. It’s a free to use tool that offers plenty of options and functionalities for the MediaTek smartphone repairs. Whether you’re interested in flashing the Stock Firmware ROM/Flash File or the Custom ROM, the SP Flash Tool will do the job with ease.
It can flash kernels, recovery files, and plenty of more things. However, the device should have rooted before using the SP Flash Tool. It allows you to flash the scatter firmware file on your MediaTek android device to flash stock, recovery.img file to flash recovery file, RAM/eMMC/NAND flash storage testing and many more.
- First of, You need either a PC/Laptop
- Charge your phone to at least 70%
- Back up your device just in case if you need it later.
- SP Flash Tool Software
- Install the VCOM Driver on your PC/Laptop
- Android USB Drivers (in case if required)
Importance of Flash Stock Firmware ROM:
Flashing or installing Stock Firmware ROM (flash file) using SP Flash Tool, will Wipe the Data. Therefore, we recommend you to take a complete Backup of your data before flash the device using the SP Flash Tool. Make sure that you have a complete backup before using this tool. Flashing any custom ROM on your Android Smartphone device, It may void your phone warranty. We are not responsible for any damage to your device while installing or flashing through SP Flash Tool.
Steps to Flash Stock Firmware ROM using SP Flash Tool
1. Download and install MediaTek USB Driver on your Windows PC (if in case already installed, then SKIP this step).
2. Download the Stock Firmware ROM of your Mediatek device and extract it on the PC.
3. Download and extract SP Flash Tool on the PC. Once the tool is extracted, you will be able to see the following files.
4. Now, Open flash_tool.exe to launch the tool.
5. Once SP Flash Tool is launched, Click on the Scatter-Loading button.
6. Now, Locate the Scatter Files (you can find the scatter file in the Stock Firmware ROM of your device).
7. Now, Unmark the Preloader option (flashing the preloader ,bin can brick the device).
8. Click on the Download button to begin the flash/installing process.
9. Connect your MediaTek device to the PC via the USB cable (make sure it is Power Off). After connecting the device to the PC Press Volume Up or Volume Down button, So that SP Flash Tool can detect the device.
10. Once the PC detects your device, the flashing process will Start Automatically.
11. Once Flashing process is completed, A Green Ring will appear at the END.
12. Now, Close the Flash Tool on the PC/Laptop and disconnect the device.
Congratulation!! You are Successfully install/flash your MediaTek android device.
We are not recommend you to install preloader.bin file using the SP Flash Tool as it may brick the device. Therefore, always unmark the preloader.bin option before starting the flashing process. If you face any problem complete of the flashing process. Please notify me with below comment section.